Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 427 (Week 60) (14 months)-  A trip to Caves


Today my companion completed 2 months in the mission. She says she is excited because now she is not the newest here. Tomorrow I am going to complete 14 months. I get excited and sad when I think about how little time I have left. Excited to see and spend time with the family, but sad to leave my family here.
 
I am already feeling great. I haven't lost or gained any weight this week. Still 110. It is really hot and I sweat a ton! So, it is hard to gain weight. I shouldn't have any long term affects. I just need to keep eating a lot like I have been doing and I will be back to normal in no time. But I am good enough that we leave to work everyday and I don't have any appointments scheduled with any doctors.
 
Monday was a normal P-Day. Tuesday was pretty normal too. We had quite a few visits and in the end of the day we had 4 new investigators. Wednesday we visited an Hermana who wants to get baptized. We have been visiting her for a while and usually she comes to church. The problem that she told us on Wednesday was that her husband doesn't what to get married. So, we felt guided to leave them for a time. They both know that the church is true, he just doesn't want to act. Thursday in the morning we had a district meeting and we got to see all the new people in our district after changes. This day the rain came on us hard. We went to the island to visit one of our recent converts and on the return, we saw the darkest rain clouds I have ever seen. We started running for safety, but the rain came faster than we could run. By the time we reached the house we were literally soaked to the bone. I have never been so wet in my life. 
 
Friday was a hard day for getting lessons. But it was a good day because in the night time we passed by the house of our recent convert Astrid (She was baptized just a few weeks ago). We started talking when we noticed her older brother was listening, we invited him to listen and he did. He is 11 years old and we had no idea until this night that he hadn't been baptized. We asked him if he wanted to get baptized and he said yes. so we set a date with him and we are planning for 4 of July. Saturday the elders told us that we need to visit a young lady that lives in our area that is a member. We went to her house and it was HUGE. She is 22 and lives alone in a very large house. She just moved into this house. It belonged to her father, but he passed away a few years ago and now the house belongs to her. She has a lot of problems in her life. We want to help her a lot. We are going to help her prepare for a mission. We are planning to do service at her house on Saturday to help her fix up her house a little. We are excited.  Yesterday was a good day. After church, we ate lunch with an investigator at her house. Then we went to visit the young lady from the day before. In the night time we stopped at the house of the boy with whom we placed a date for baptism. Then afterwards we came back home to put together our weekly dates. We even got to go to sleep a half hour early. 
 
Today we went as a district to some caves here in Santa Elena. It was really fun.  It was cool, I thought we were going to get lost, but then we found another group in the caves and they had a guide, so we just kind of followed them. It was fun. I sent some pictures and hope you enjoy them.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment