Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 8 - Letter From Katelyn

We got a letter from Katelyn.  They took her camera so she isn't allowed to take pictures right now.  Her is some of what she had to say:

To her sister and Brother she said:

This email is for Meagan and Justin, I only have five more minutes left on the computer so it will be short. But I wanted to let them know that I do think about them and miss them. I also wanted to remind them to do the things they are asked to do both at home and at church....with a happy attitude. I am learning very quickly that attitude is everything. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be upset. You decide. I learned at the airport while I was alone, how easy it is to spot LDS people. People know who you are and they watch you, but most importantly God knows who you are. You must stand up for what is right all the time.
 
Hermana Hansen
 
To her Dad she wrote:
 
Well, I am sorry, but I have had "Diarrhea since Easters, (a reference to Nacho Libre) " which makes me wonder why I am so happy here. They took away our cameras, so I won't be sending many pictures. I want you to know that I love it here. We  went to the temple today. It was beautiful and a great experience. We started language classes on the second day and have been teaching a practice investigator everyday since....in Spanish. It is hard with the Language barrier, but I am getting better. I have already learned how to invite someone to be baptized in Spanish and I know how to pray and bear my testimony. I love you all and will talk soon.
 
I am sorry I don't write more, but we have a limited amount of time. I love you all and am glad to hear you are doing well.
 
love you.
 
Hermana Hansen
 
To her Mom she said this:
 
I did not get a sinus infection, but I did get a stomach ache that lasted for a couple of days. A lot of girls here got sick and so did the elders. I did not have it as bad as everyone else. Oh and my P day is going to be on Tuesday. We went to the Temple today. It is a small temple, but very beautiful. I also bought a bag and a scripture case. They took away our cameras and music devices here at the MTC, so I won't be able to send pictures yet. I am having the time of my life. I miss you guys, but we are so busy that I don't really have time to dwell on it. the girls in the picture are Hermana Sorensen(super curly hair) and Hermana Klindt. I love them and we have gotten along right from the start. They are my companions and roommates. I have been praying for all of you. When we do practice lessons for investigators, we focus on trying to find their need and then showing them how the gospel will fill that need. We had a Special devotional broadcast from Provo with Pres. Utchdorf. it was so good. He talked about the first Easter Sunday and the things that happened. It was a very powerful talk.
Mamma, I love you.
 
Love,
Hermana Hansen
 
PS.  Be happy and it is true guacamole can help you not miss me so much. Love you.
 
The other day at school one of the kids that I worked with said that if I miss my daughter I could just get on a plane and go to "Guacamole."  That is what that last statement was about.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment