Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 301 (Week 42) -


First thing, 
 
About your question about my Spanish, I was just told yesterday that my Spanish has gotten really good. 
 
This week was one of a kind. Monday I got a new companion. We moved my stuff into her house. and then we had a visit in the night time with an investigator. I am now working in a new area, but we have my old area too. So, Tuesday my companion showed me my new area and some of the members. Then at 7 we had Correlation and afterwards our ward branch mission leader went with us eat Gringas (they are a type of burrito). Wednesday was crazy. In the morning, the Zone leaders came here from Santa Elena to help us move the rest of the things from our old house into the house I am in now. All of our visits were really spread out. Thursday we worked really hard and visited a lot of houses and tried to have a lot of lessons, but it felt like nobody was home. Friday we were fasting. It was a good day. We visited a family were all the daughters are grown and members of the church, but don't go anymore. They have a lot of doubts and confusion about basic principles of the gospel, but the lesson was really good, I saw the light turn on over their heads a few times and they are interested again in our message. We visited an investigator. She is the one that the elders gave a blessing to. She was in the hospital. We were able to visit her there and share a short message and give comfort to her mom. She looks better than she was but in actuality, she is not doing better. We pray for her and have faith that the doctors will find out why she is sick and she will get better. Saturday we got invited to eat lunch at a members house. He made us tamales de papa (tamales made from potatoes). They were really good. We had a good number of lessons that day. Sunday (Yesterday) was a good day too. we went with the elders for a little bit so that my companion could show them a new part of their area (our zone leaders did some area division revisions). We had a member to go with us that night and we got to visit a part member family that we haven't seen in a long while. They were excited to see us again. By the night time we were so exhausted. This last week just drained us. It has been getting hotter here and My neck is definitely getting burned (real redneck here). Last night we watched old testament seminary videos and made flour tortillas.
 
Now at this moment I would like to express my deep gratitude to my parents for teaching me how to  clean and maintain a house. This morning we spent 2 hours cleaning our house. This was a job that should have only taken a half hour or 45 minutes, but the sisters before me didn't clean too well, so it turned into a big project. Afterwards we went to lunch at a restaurant here, where I ate more flour tortillas (a Guatemalan delicacy, hahaha) (well kind of). Tonight we have a FHE with a family in the ward and the elders are coming too. 

I am sorry I don't have much more to tell you. But I want you to know that I am really happy. I love you so much. I feel like the sun is really shining bright right now (I mean that in a literal and metaphorical sense). Tell everyone at home to keep up the good work and remember to stay humble.
 
I love you all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment