Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 154 (Week 21)- Independence Day

(Five Months on Mission)


So today is Independence day here in Guatemala. From what I here they were freed from German(maybe it is Italian or Spanish)  rule in 1829 on this day. But don't quote me on that.  You should google it and tell me what you find. So today I wore Blue and white which are the colors on the Guatemalan Flag.
So for this week, I don't remember doing anything really exciting or different. We had our normal days. District meeting on Wednesday, Correlation Thursday night, an activity with the youth at the church on Saturday and Ward Conference on Sunday. We were able to get one of our investigators to come to the youth activity and she brought her little brother, so that was pretty cool. Also, on Sunday that same investigator came to church with her inactive mom. Also, we had another investigator come to church on Sunday with her less active husband. Ward conference was cool. We got to hear from some stake leaders. The stake president spoke about how we are a covenant making people. That is the importance of all the things we do, like baptism and the temple. We make covenants so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I want to talk to Magdelena about that. Her husband is the less active member. She doesn't want to get baptised, but she wants to come to church, so maybe covenants and the temple will get her attention.
 
I did have a new experience this week. We went to visit a woman that we contacted on the street. She seemed interested, so we went back and we invited her to be baptized on a specific date. She said she would prepare for that date and was really interested about that we have a prophet. Then, the next day she called us and told us that her husband was torqued that she was meeting with us. and that we need to come get our pamphlet and Book of Mormon. So, We will be going back on Tuesday to get our stuff. I don't want to mess around with this. We had a brief encounter with her husband and he gives me the heevie jeevies, so we won't be pushing this much farther.
 
Other than that, our week was normal. We have entered winter here which means the rainy season. It has been raining a ton lately. I am really glad I bought boots. 
 
My companion is good. She didn't feel very good today so we won't be doing anything fun to celebrate Independence day. I am a little bummed out about that because they are going to have an activity at the Stake Center, but what do you do? Like I said sometimes it is hard to work with her when we have totally different personalities, but we make it work. I have a note that I keep by my desk, something that dad told me I should always think about "Is it a preference or necessity?" Most of the time I find that it is just a preference, that advice helps. I do love her and think she is amazing. She is a great missionary.

Well family I love you a ton.  Tomorrow I complete 5 months here.  I am excited a month from now I will only have a year left. Sometimes the time feels long and sometimes I feel like I am just starting and still don't know anything. Which is  the truth.
 
YOU ARE THE BEST ALL OF YOU. I miss you and pray for you all the time.  
 
You are awesome.
 
Love you forever.
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment